My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Monday, December 05, 2005

I'm Not Talking About Moving In, And I Don't Want To Change Your Life

Yesterday I received an email from blogging friend Rachel over at Souls Road. She wanted to let me know of some (perhaps premature) exciting news on the blogging front.

At times, curiosity has been known to get the best of many of us bloggers. Rachel is no exception. She was checking out the page that tells who who visits your blog. Incidentally this is always a fun page. For one thing, you find out just how much the same five people who always visit your blog visit you. For another, you discover those who Google phrases such as "simcha dancing" men and somehow end up at your blog. The last phrase by the way, is a true keyword search that brought someone here mere moments ago, I kid you not.

So Rachel saw a visiting page on her site that when she followed it, came from visiting my site. Where it was before that I don't know for sure, but my guess is it had something to do with Kevin Bacon.

That site was Random House, New York.

Rachel sees this and emails me and I in turn blog about it, to YOU.

Cause this whole thing has me thinking: Was the Random House appearance truly, dare I say it, random? Was it some lowly intern who happens to work there, mocking us unintentionally? Or was it something more?

Blogging about it here might backfire when the culprit who works in the mailroom sheepishly ends up revealing themselves in the comments, but I figured what the heck, I'd blog about it anyway.

Because I had to do something.

I don't really know what the chances are that Random House is interested in little ol' me. It's not like I sent them any manuscripts that they unceremoniously dumped and/or ignored. And it's not like this blog has the same following as Dooce or This Fish, though that doesn't stop me from wishing it did. So what, truly, are the chances that a girl like me would be literally plucked from obscurity?

Part of me wants to scream Wait Random House! Come back! I can do better! You ain't seen nothing yet!

Another part of me wants to play it cool, albeit unsuccessfully like Angela Chase who not so secretly pined for Jordan Catalano in the classic nineties show My So-Called Life.

Whoever you are, I hope you return again, even if it was just an intern. Cause we all know the guy sweeping the floors today is calling the shots tomorrow.

I'm not asking for a commitment. All I'm saying is random Random House person, feel free to stop by again. Maybe we can grab a quick nightcap sometime.

No pressure, really.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online