My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Write Back Weekend "Something Old, Something New"

Ok class, to quickly review let me restate this week's TITMT question:

If you could change one thing about yourself physically what would it be and why? And in part two, if you could change one character trait about yourself what would it be and why?

So without further adieu, one body part, coming up.

If I could change any part of my body I think I would get my legs transplanted. See, like a lot of other people, especially a lot of other women, I occassionally suffer from the "grass is greener on the other side" way of thinking. That being said, if YOU saw my legs you might not think they were so hideous. I also look around and realize I should be careful what I wish for, cause it could be much worse.

Yes, if I could trade in my legs I'd opt for longer, slimmer legs. The reason for this is twofold. First, I would finally be able to see what the world was like from a taller girl's point of view. I've always wondered about this. Then again, I'd have to sacrifice my children section shopping which I love so much. But secondly, my legs wouldn't look as stumpy since I'm so short.

Now I know some of you would look at me and say "what does that skinny b**tch need to be complaining about?!" But I'm not complaining. I never said I was fat. I'm not. I've got legs. I know how to use them. I just wish sometimes that my legs were someone else's and vice versa.

But beauty is only skin deep. So let's dig a little deeper, shall we?

If I could change anything about character it would be that I didn't worry so much. I know I worry a lot. I know because I worry about the fact that I worry.

See what I mean?!

Worrying has got me into trouble physically, too. Now I have to wear a mouth guard when I sleep at night because I grind because I...worry. Apparently even when I'm sleeping and I think I'm not worrying, I'm worrying.

Technically I could have just chosen worrying as my physical trait and character trait and called it a day.

I don't know why I worry so much. I know that worrying doesn't do anybody any good. But I can't help it. My mind is always three steps ahead of real time. In any given scenario, I plot out all the possible outcomes instead of just letting the outcome...come.

I know the cliche sayings because I've said them before myself, sometimes even to myself. Whatever happens happens. Don't sweat the small stuff. etc. etc... Sometimes though, for a worrier not worrying is easier said than done.

So now I know better. I'm going to worry. It's just who I am. And I'm not going to worry about it. Worrying about worrying, that is.

That goes for what you people think of my legs, too.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online