My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Time Out For A Little Perspective

Do you believe everything happens for a reason? I do. Although I also believe we don't always know what that reason is.

Lately I have been thinking it hasn't been the best few days. Ok, month. Alright, you got me, year...s.

So, my mom's birthday was on Friday and my friend's birthday is on Monday. They both picked the same evening to do some sort of celebration. Obviously, mom won out.

There was awhile there that I was trying to split my time between both, but my friend decided to go to Medeival Times (which, for those of you who don't know, is a dinner/show combo), so all things considered, it just wasn't going to work.

So, I talk to my friend today and it turns out she got into a car accident...Friday night on the way back from Medeival Times. Instantly, I thought there were two ways to look at this:

1. The point in the trip where the accident happened I would have not been in the car, so none of the events would be changed.
2. Then again, they might have missed the crazy lady completely had they dropped me off because their timing wouldn't have been the same.

Luckily, both her and her friend are fine. Can't say the same for the car. Still, I think it's moments like that which put things into perspective.

I only wish we could bottle that feeling to remember it the next time we are complaining about whatever we are complaining about- present company included.

Back to the light-hearted posts in the AM... promise.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online