My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Monday, July 26, 2004

When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get E-mailing

This weekend, a light came on. Unwilling to go into the night quietly, I have decided to take the bull by the horns (where DO these expressions come from anyway?) and go beyond the not-so-super, superintendent of schools and started to contact individual principals.

You might be saying, "But Janet, sending each principal at each school an application would be quite time consuming!" You would be right! Still, I have opted to email my resume and cover letter to nearly...EVERY SINGLE PRINCIPAL IN EACH DISTRICT I HAVE APPLIED TO.

Some might mistake this for insanity, but you would be surprised what the power of being pissed off can do to a girl. This is VERY time consuming. But effective? The jury is still out on that one. I'm kinda viewing it as a professional experiment. I figure if you throw enough seeds around you are bound to get some pigeons pecking.

Two carpal tunneled wrists later I am still at least ankle deep in resumes that need to be sent. I have, however, gotten some replies. Mostly "thank you but there are no openings" or "thank you, I will forward this to HR" type stuff.

But then there are the TAKERS...I got one offer to interview to be a paraprofessional. I can't wanna do this. I am not a snob, but here is why:

1. I was already a paraprofessional for a year so I in no way think this is beneath me. Most of these people work VERY hard for VERY little pay I might add.

2. To be a paraprofessional in NJ all you need is 60 college credits. If I was going to stay a para, I wouldn't have gone for my undergrad OR graduate degree.

Suffice it to say, I politely declined.

Then this afternoon I was told I had an "impressive letter and resume" by one principal who apparently has no vacancies currently, but still wants to interview me this week or the next.

So I ask you? Who is the crazy one now?:)

I will continue to document my struggle to get the ever elusive teaching job. Who knows? Maybe I even will be able to look back and laugh at all of this one day. That or never stop laughing from completely going over the edge...it's really 50/50 at this point.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online