My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Thursday, January 27, 2005

It Was The Best of Times, It Was The Worst Of Times

A few weeks ago, my students started working on multiplication. Admittedly, I had mixed emotions about teaching the concept to a group of third graders who still struggle with 5+3, but just as Siegfried & Roy have taught us this past year, the show must go on.

I thought to myself: How will they memorize their facts? How can they build on previously taught concepts that have yet to be mastered? And equally as important, how can I teach this without wanting to repeatedly shove a fork into my eye?

Then it hit me. Since I'll be knee deep in this adventure for the next few weeks, I might as well have a little fun with it. So I created a bulletin board with pictures of mugs the kids colored in. For every times table factor they master (i.e., all the 2's, 3's etc...) they get a marshmallow with the number on it added to the cup.

But the piece de resistance is the title of the display:

We've Got Chills For Multiplying

Ahh, I kill me.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online