My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Monday, January 31, 2005

This Is Dedicated To The Comments I Loved

I had a hard time deciding just who to honor and how in regards to this post, as if you couldn't tell by my clever acts of diversion and procrastation over the past few days.

For starters, I'm not sure there was one person who came the closest to matching my true image. There was also more than one of you who were quite creative. What I'm trying to say is there are no losers here. That being said, let's move on with the winners.

Dawn said: "I'm going with blonde hair, since it seems like everyone else is going with dark hair. Maybe medium/shortish? And green eyes. Totally pulling all of this out of my ass of course."

For this, Dawn, aka Tiny Voices In My Head, wins the official "So Close Yet So Far Away" Award in Accuracy of A Physical Description. Daryl Hall and John Oates would also like to apologize for not being able to be here tonight, otherwise they would have presented this award to Dawn themselves.

Dawn is the closest for obvious reasons. Yes, I am blonde and short although I believe she used the term "shortish" which is, as I understand it, in no way to be confused with Yiddish. My eyes are also green, though not technically since as stated, they do change depending on what I'm wearing. My actual eye color is listed as blue so I suppose I donned a lot of blue back in my hospital days.

Dawn, aka Tiny Voices In My Head, aka webmiztris, is a woman of many names. When you think about this, it makes sense because she is also a woman of many voices.

In my opinion, Dawn's look doesn't really match her blog personality either. Don't ask me what I expected Dawn to look like because that's next to impossible to do when I actually know what the person looks like. From her pictures, she looks younger than her age. For this reason alone, Dawn and I share a common bond.

For some reason I couldn't access Dawn's 100 Things About Me, so we're not privy to what makes Dawn tick. But lucky for us, I could access her 100 Things That Piss Me Off, so at the very least, we now know what not to do around her.

For the most part, Dawn is like you and I. She dislikes things we all can agree on like liars, rapists, abusers, bitches, bullies, racists and being hungry. What makes Dawn unique, however, are the things she dislikes that you may or may not dislike. These include, but are not limited to: reality shows, Clay Aiken, church, Donald Trump, people who are constantly on their cell phone and pEEplE WhO tHinK iTz KewL 2 wRitE LiKe 'DiS A lOT, and 95% of her graduating class of 1994. I'm going to withhold judgment on the last one Dawn, although high school seems to be another way we see eye to eye.

I like to read Tiny Voices In My Head because she she's all over the place, yet completely makes sense at the same time. I imagine a real life conversation with Dawn would be like exercising; exhausting, but in a good way. When we comment on Dawn's blog, we all have a voice, albeit a tiny voice, but a voice nonetheless.

In short, your voices carry, Dawn. Your voices carry.

Swan Shadow said: "I imagine that Janet is a long cool woman in a black dress; 5'9", beautiful tall. She's got Greta Garbo standoff sighs and Bette Davis eyes. Hair of gold and lips like cherries. She can turn the world on with her smile. She's got legs, and knows how to use them. She's got a wiggle in her walk and a giggle in her talk. She's a brick house; she's mighty mighty, just letting it all hang out. She wears rings on her fingers and bells on her toes. And oh yes...baby got back."

This comment was the one who tugged on my creative heartstrings. For this, Swan Shadow is honored with the "Come With Me And You'll Be In A World Of Pure Imagination" Award of Creativity. Gene Wilder would also like to be here tonight. Don't ask me how I know this. I just do.

SwanShadow would you like you to know the following, "Like nearly everyone in the blogosphere, I'm a freelance writer. Unlike nearly everyone in the blogosphere, I actually make my living at it. No, really."

Sure, SS, rub it in why doncha?

Who Is Swan Shadow you ask?

Well, if Swan Shadow were here he would tell you he would be your father figure. He would make you hot for teacher. He would give you a thumbs up or thumbs down. He'd say "put me in coach!" I'm ready to play today. Loving all things comics he often wonders the following: if he goes crazy, will you stay call him Superman? Oh yeah, he also won on Jeopardy, baby. Ooh. Ooh. Ooh. Ooh.

Lucky for us, Swan Shadow thinks out loud and not to himself. In fact, I wonder if Dawn ever hears him.

So there you have it, my tributes to Dawn and Swan Shadow. Now I want YOU to go visit THEM and offer your congratulations for a job well done and for virtually nothing to show for it but this stinking post.

Coming soon...round 3 of If You Could See Me Now.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online