My Wishlist

Runner-Up Best Overall Blog of 2005!

I'm a down to earth girl who loves to laugh at others...I mean make others laugh.
View my complete profile
Blogroll Me!   Review My Site   Site Feed MySpace Profile Facebook Profile   Friendster Profile

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Art of Getting By and get new posts delivered to your in-box daily!


powered by Bloglet
Subscribe with Bloglines

 

"This is the most exciting day of my life...and I was pulled on stage once to dance at a Bruce Springsteen concert."
30 Rock

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This blog has been chosen
as a 2005 BEST

 

 

Friday, January 28, 2005

You Gotta Be In It To Win It

I must say, all of you came out in full force when I dangled the promise of a picture and a post of dedication over your heads. You should be ashamed of yourselves! Extrinsic motivation is something that I usually only use with my students. Even then it only works half of the time.

Anyway, here's what you've all been waiting for. Kinda.:)

The Myths

I don't have brown or red hair.
I don't look like Janeane Garofalo or Lisa Loeb.
I don't wear glasses all of the time.
I don't do blazers or big collars.
I don't have a tattoo of anything, anywhere.
I don't have a pierced naval.
I'm not a nerd.
I'm not Michael Ian Black.
I am not Nicole Kidman.
I don't have a "crazed" look.
I don't have awkward hand movements.
I'm not overweight.
I rarely wear ponytails.
I'm rarely seen smiling. I can't help it. It's my face.:(
I don't have any warts anywhere.
There are no known "spots" on my skin.
I rarely wear rings on my fingers.

The Truths


I do have hair.
My hair is naturally wavy, I straighten it every day.
I look like Janeane Garofalo on the inside.
I do wear glasses some of the time. Mainly for driving. I should wear them more. Seeing people from 5 feet away = good.
I like to think I'm well dressed.
I am a nerd.
I would like to be the female Michael Ian Black.
I do have a serious look a lot of the time. Too serious, in fact.
I often use my hands when I talk.
I have blue eyes but they often change color, depending on what I am wearing.
Don't let me pop culture facade mislead you. I am actually 27 years old.
I do wear perfume and makeup, in moderation.
I am right-handed.
I do have pierced ears.
I paint my toenails in the summertime, my fingernails on a regular basis.
I often sit indian style. Sometimes I have one leg up or down. I rarely sit with perfect posture.
I do dress fairly conservative, though I also often look and dress even younger than I am (I often shop in the children's section...shh)
My height is 5 foot, 1 inch...on a good day.
I am 50% Italian and feel it, but I don't look it.
I often change into pajamas when I get home.
I am an extroverted introvert.
I do watch a lot of TV. Intermittently this involves VH1.
I spend a lot of time on the computer, obviously.
I do consider only a few friends to be close friends.
I hope I'm friendly and kind.
I am a teacher.
I have a pale complexion.
I have long eye lashes.
I have two toe rings.
I don't do it often, but I CAN turn the world on with my smile.:)

You will notice I did not tell you everything there is to know about my apperance, at least not directly. Yes, this was intentional. I guess you'll have to just stay tuned for a post of dedication to the person(s) who knew me without knowing me.

And of course, the ultimate "prize" being...an actual picture.

Sorry. I'm just having too much fun milking this.

 

 


Blog Roll [−]

Blogging Chicks [−]

Blogger Chicks [−]

Blog Linker [−]





Google
Futon Critic
IMDB
Melodic.net
80's TV Themes
Slyck
The Onion
Television Without Pity
Modern Humorist
Best Week Ever Blog
American Idol


Carnival-small

Who Links Here

Listed on Blogwise
Join BloggerChicks
Blog Flux Directory
ESL and EFL Blogs
Best news blogs

Nubbit Blog Directory

Bloggy Award

TFS 100 TopBlogs

Top Blogs Personal Personal Blogs Personal Blogs Top 

blogs

 

  online